воскресенье, 26 января 2014 г.

Asus Z99Le surgery

Today decided to look inside my old laptop. I wanted to remove all useless parts and see what can I upgrade there. Unfortunately, as I understand I can use only 2Gb RAM, and cannot upgrade to 4Gb. But I think i can put SSD inside it. There is SATA2 (SATA 3Gb/s, as it is written on my HDD), I can plug it there, or I can use micro PCI Express port. I wonder if BIOS will be able to use them. Also quite interesting if I can upgrade CPU?..
Lets see what's inside.

Top side

 
1 - DVD/ROM. Removed. It was broken anyway,
2 - video connection ports,
3 - WiFi wires :) these go from WiFi card (5) to screen. It looks like screen is an antenna also,
4 - battery,
5 - micro PCI Express WiFi card. It is connected to monitor. I think it can be replaced with SSD,
6 - 160Gb HDD. It says SATA 3Gb/s. As I understand this is SATA2, and again, this is another place where I can try to plug SSD disk.

Bottom side


1 - DVD ROM again,
2 - 2xDDR2 1Gb RAM. As i mentioned, maximum size of RAM which I can install is 2Gb, even there are RAM cells 2Gb each, and there are 2 ports,
3 - processor. I believe it is possible to replace it, I wonder if it is possible to upgrade it somehow,
4 - cooling system. It's much bigger then processor itself,
5 - battery,
6 - plugged 160Gb HDD, SATA2 (?),
7 - plugged mini PCI Express WiFi card.

Screws :)


4 комментария:

  1. надо было выломать моник и сделать его серверной стойкой

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. уже выломал и прозвал сервером. и клаву выломал чтоб проц меньше грелся

      Удалить
  2. В тебе пропадает великий писатель и технический евангелист

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. ти чого не спав? розв'язуй контест букінгкома. там на бекенді вже під 3к народу виступили соу фар. на мобілі та фронтенді - під 500 :)

      Удалить